Chronic Impairment Claims
Downey California Chronic Fatigue & Disability Claims Lawyers
SSDI/SSI Chronic Impairment Claims
Chronic health conditions can make it impossible for you to work on a regular basis. However, it often takes an experienced Social Security Disability claim lawyer's help to prove to the Social Security Administration that you are disabled.
At the Law Offices of Judith S. Leland, our lawyers offer a free initial consultation to evaluate your chronic health impairment claim. For your convenience, we have offices in Downey, Orange and Ontario in Southern California.
Experienced in Handling Chronic Impairment Claims
Our California Social Security Disability attorneys have successfully handled chronic impairment claims for:
- Cardiac impairments, including congenital heart problems, viral infections, congestive heart failure, ischemic heart disease, venous insufficiency and peripheral arterial disease
- Respiratory impairments, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, chronic pulmonary infections and other lung diseases
- Genitourinary problems including kidney disease, nephrotic syndrome and impaired renal function
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- Blood diseases, such as leukemia and lymphoma
- Bacterial, viral and fungal infections
- Chronic anemia and chronic fatigue
- Skin disorders
- Neurological disorders, such as multiple sclerosis (MS), peripheral neuropathy, stroke, epilepsy, and Parkinson's disease.
- Poliomyelitis and post-polio syndrome
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
When you file a Social Security Disability (SSD) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) claim for a chronic impairment such as HIV, the Social Security Administration (SSA) may send you to one of their consulting doctors to evaluate you. However, everyone who has a chronic illness experiences good days and bad days. If their doctor sees you on a good day, your claim may be denied. If you receive an appointment to see a social security doctor, do not reply until you contact an SSD/SSI lawyer.
Contact a Seasoned SSDI/SSI Attorney
To help you obtain disability benefits, our lawyers will work with your doctor and witnesses to develop the evidence you need to prove your case. Our founding attorney, Judith Leland, is a former SSI judge who has more than 30 years of experience helping individuals with their chronic fatigue claims, cancer claims, fibromyalgia claims and other SSDI chronic illness claims.
To schedule an appointment with an experienced disability lawyer about a chronic illness such as HIV or diabetes, call 1-562-219-4156 or toll free at 1-866-764-0321, or fill out our simple contact form. There are no consultation fees and we charge no attorney's fee unless we help you obtain benefits.