Downey Disability Law Attorneys
The Law Offices of Judith S. Leland represents clients throughout Southern California in Social Security Disability law matters as well as in other government sponsored disability benefit matters. For more information about a practice area, follow the links below. Otherwise, contact a Southern California Downey disability law lawyer to schedule a free attorney consultation.
To be eligible for Social Security Disability, you must have physical or mental problems — or a combination of problems — severe enough to keep you from working in any regular paying job for at least 12 months.
We also represent people covered by Railroad Employee Retirement benefits.
Our office assists people suffering from physical and mental impairments that impact their ability to work. We can explain the processes involved and help you prepare all necessary information and documentation. We can help you at nearly every step in the process of applying for Social Security Disability or Supplemental Security Income:
- Initial disability application for Social Security Disability benefits*
*SSI claims taken after the initial denial
- Request for reconsideration
- Request for an administrative hearing
- Appeals Council
- Federal court appeals SSDI federal court appeals
If you can’t work due to a physical impairment such as osteoarthritis or heart disease, you must also show that the impairment has prevented (or is expected to prevent) you from working for 12 continuous months.
- Spinal Disorder Disability Claims and Back Injury Claims — It often takes an experienced disability lawyer to prove to the Social Security Administration that pain from a back injury, nerve damage or degenerative disc disease is real.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome — A repetitive stress injury develops over time, unlike injuries that are caused by a specific injury or accident. We can help you pursue disability benefits for carpal tunnel syndrome and other repetitive stress injuries.
- A Combination of Impairments — Even though one of your impairments/disabilities may not be disabling, if a combination of impairments makes it impossible for you to work, talk to our attorneys. The SSA must consider your whole person, not each disability independently.
Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and RSD/CRPS – Like spinal disorder claims, it often takes an experienced disability lawyer working with a claimant’s doctors to prove that these disabling conditions are real.
Mental Disorder Disability Claims — It’s very hard for the Social Security Administration officials to understand that mental disorders are legitimate disabilities because they can’t see inside a person’s head. The system doctor may say you are fine after a brief evaluation. It is our job to present your whole picture to Social Security.
- Depression and anxiety — These can be two of the most debilitating mental impairments. Understanding how to document your condition and position your case is important in avoiding complications associated with your disability benefits application. Our attorneys work closely with you to ensure you present all necessary information to Social Security. We’re also ready to represent you if you are denied and an appeal is necessary.
If you are over age 50 and no longer able to do your previous job, it may be difficult to rehabilitate yourself to do something else. The Social Security Administration recognizes that if you have done the same type of work for a long time you may be less adaptable to new work situations. It is therefore important to make sure Social Security understands the details of your work.
When you file a Social Security Disability or SSI claim for a chronic impairment such as lupus or chronic fatigue syndrome, you may be sent to a doctor working for the system for an evaluation. However, everyone who has a chronic illness experiences good days and bad days. If the Social Security doctor sees you on a good day, your claim may be denied. We work to provide evidence of your true disabling condition.
Free Consultation — No Fees Unless We Win — Ontario Social Security Disability Lawyer
To schedule an appointment with an experienced disability lawyer, call 1-562-219-4156 or toll free at 1-866-764-0321, or fill out our simple contact form. There are no consultation fees and we charge no attorney’s fee unless we help you obtain benefits.